Did you know you can save up to 15% on your auto and renters insurance by buying both policies from the same insurance company? This is called the auto/home discount. Keep reading to learn more ways you can reduce your insurance bill.
Get Other Discounts
The auto/home discount is not the only discount that can save you money. Insurance companies offer other discounts that you can take advantage of for both your auto and renters policies:
Auto discounts include: * Good Student Discount for getting good grades
- Safe Driver Discount for maintaining a safe driving record
- Discounts for safety features such as automatic seat belts, airbags, and anti-lock brakes
- Discounts if you've taken a defensive-driving course
- Discounts for anti-theft devices such as an car alarms
Rental discounts Include:
- Non-smoker discount if no one in your home smokes
- Senior's discount if you're a senior citizen
- Discount for safety features such as smoke detectors, deadbolts, and window locks
- Discounts for fire-resistive materials in the construction of your rental home
Raise Your Deductible
Both auto and rental insurance comes with a deductible. This is the amount you are responsible for paying on any claim before the insurance company starts to pay. You should set your deductible as high as you can afford, because the higher your deductible, the lower your premium.
The best way to save on your auto and rental insurance is to shop around for the best price. Don?t just get one quote and assume that quotes from other insurance companies will be the same. In fact, quotes can vary by hundreds of dollars from one company to another.
The Internet lets you easily get quotes from multiple A-rated insurance companies. All you do is go to an insurance comparison website and complete a simple questionnaire. You'll then receive quotes ready for you to review and compare.
The best insurance comparison websites even let you talk with insurance experts, so you can ask questions about your auto and rental insurance and get advice on how to get the lowest rate (see link below).